Thursday, November 13, 2014

Initial Thoughts On Assassin's Creed Unity

By my speculation, I would say that I am close to the halfway point of Assassin's Creed Unity's main campaign.  The scope of Paris in the game is staggering and when you stand from a vantage point it seems as if the buildings around you go on forever in each direction.  I remember saying that Grand Theft Auto V's Los Santos was a living, breathing city, but it has nothing on ACU's Paris.  NPCs litter the street in impressive numbers and are actively engaging in day-to-day activities instead of just walking around aimlessly as in other open world games.  Just as numerous is the amount of things for the player to do outside of the main campaign, such as side missions, collectibles, etc.  That's not to say that ACU does not have its flaws, some of which are not that easy to overlook.  I've also noticed a surprising sense of being jaded as I play through the game which is a topic I plan to elaborate upon, as well as all the aforementioned, in my review on the eighteenth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment