Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Initial Thoughts On Evolve

I have put about six hours into Evolve so far, and I have only played one of the game's modes.  I should admit, that it was the most basic match style in the game.  The "quick game" mode.  The game is so fun that I completely lost track of time and I didn't even think about trying any thing else on the disc.  I have mostly overlooked Evolve until now, not caring about all the trailers and publicity that surrounded it.  But Evolve has taken me by surprise, and I can't get enough of it.

No matter whether you play as the hunters or the monster, Evolve builds up a sense of urgency and panic.  Each decision you make matters, because your foe is constantly looking for you.  Even after I learned how the game worked and I played countless matches, I never had time to stop and enjoy the scenery.  I was constantly hunting or being hunted.  No matter who (or what) you play as, finding your enemy before they can find you is necessary for the upper hand.  The longer you go without being able to find the other party, the more panic builds, and the more you worry that maybe it will be you who is found instead.  Evolve kept my heart rate sky-high and I loved it.

Like I said, I have only tried one of Evolve's game modes so I still have a lot to work through before I can come to a final conclusion on the game.  But, as of right now, this game has me hooked.  I had to pull myself from it for fear that I would simply play all night. 

Stay tuned to PBG for more coverage and a full review of Evolve!   


No comments:

Post a Comment